Mood: relaxed, calm, happy, lurved
It has been brought to my attention that I have had internet in the apartment since last Thursday evening, and yet I have not blogged. And I intended to blog everyday about my good things. Without internet, that was a wee bit difficult, but now that I have internet there is really no excuse.
I have been feeling a bit under the weather recently. Mainly severe allergies....and upset stomach in addition. But still, I've continued my nice things even if it was just making a cup of tea.
Anyway. It's been a relaxing sort of morning so far. Got up, checked required social networking, and then walked Maddie with Caitlyn. Made some breakfast, took a lovely phone call, and then...well....I haven't really done too much of anything. Since I have a meeting at 7 I'm rationalizing the fact that I am still in bed (though fully awake AND upright) by telling myself that I won't be home until rather late this evening and I have to be up early tomorrow for my last day at the manor.
And so, besides taking it easy on myself today, I've decided that my nice thing for myself today is to remember how far I've come in a year. Let's take a little journey shall we...
About 14 months ago I moved half way across the country to virtually the middle of nowhere for....many reasons but essentially no specific purpose. I had no job to go to, little interest in living with my grandparents, and no control over my own life. I did happen upon a job I loved with all my heart (most of the time) but knew it wasn't for me. And 14 months later I'm starting a career that I can't wait to get into. I took control of my life and live in my own place (with Cait and Maddie of course) and am starting to take control over other areas of my life.
I'm pretty damn impressed with all that I've accomplished in a short amount of time. I feel like I grew up in about 6 months. The truth of the matter is though, there's been behind the scenes encouragement from a certain Irish fellow for nearly 2 years now, without which I don't think I would have done this. And the family (especially Cait for her support - in every sense of the word) didn't hurt either. So thank you to all of you who have helped me get as far as I am today. I am truly excited about the person I've somehow become (and know that I have so much more to offer the world).
No comments:
Post a Comment