Search This Blog

2010/10/18

Office Space

Mood:  spent, slightly annoyed, creative




Mondays universally are pretty sucky.  Nothing happened today that made it sucky, it was just, Monday.  Even though I work 4 days in a row then have Friday and Saturday off...I find that makes Monday no less sucky.  I'm done saying sucky now.  I know that I "grew up" in a church...Mommy worked there for as long as I can remember.  And I know the schedule is...frustrating at best.  Even with "normal" office hours working in a church is a somewhat nebulous way of working.  There are deadlines and meetings and events...but it's hard to put God and ministry on a time-clock.  


I'm slowly getting used to the idea that I have a "real" job.  There's an episode from NBC's Community that pretty much sums up my life...in it one of the main female characters cheats on a test purposely so she will fail because she is terrified of excelling.  That's me.  I've never worked a job I was bad at...but I've never given myself the chance to really do great things.


This time, it's different.  So after the initial hating Monday morning routine, I got ready, got into the office...and started to finally make it "my" office.  






Cait helped me cover the bulletin board with the fabric and string the ribbons...it's still a work in progress but it brightens the room...and screams "Ashley."


Right next to that hangs this....





This picture is special for a million reasons...a few being that we look fantastic with wind in our hair...we literally felt on top of the world (and on top of the Las Vegas strip is pretty close...) and it reminds me where I was, where I've been...and where I'll keep going (and with whom).


Of course the title of this blog is also the title of a hilarious movie...and I think of it every Monday as I pretty much live in a perpetual state of "the Mondays" and I'm always looking for a (pink) Swingline to put on my desk and threaten to burn the building down for.  I hope you enjoyed your Monday...and that even if it wasn't decorating you office space, you did something nice for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment