Search This Blog

2010/10/15

Go Green

Mood:  happy, nostalgic


I have not been to a high school football game since my homecoming game at Emmaus High School in 2001.  That's 9 years.  Getting ready for the game (part of my job now) was anxiety riddled at best.  It's weird how you can remove yourself from high school, and grow, and truly make progress...but there's ALWAYS that 16 year old girl in you wanting to impress your peers....or the parents...or the kids themselves in my case.  
Anyway...I got to the game.  It was the last home game of the season, thus the last game at which the band played.  My dad was a member of this band for his high school career...and it was neat to see how much it has transformed.  Perhaps my favorite part of the evening, at halftime, they played songs from Harry Potter (YES!!!!)



Please forgive that my pics keep going sideways....I fix them and then this is how they upload.  Anyway...so I decided I needed to invest in some "Tornado" pride attire...but couldn't find a shirt I REALLY liked so I went with the next best thing....



This was definitely a hit with me (and by the way...Emmaus DID NOT have these when I went...just saying...).  So waving my finger and actually paying attention to the game...I got...happy, excited, and terribly homesick.  I miss my parents...and being in the same place my father spent his high school years...it was awesome....but sad.  I wish we could have shared that together.  
But perhaps the best thing about tonight and the nice thing I did for myself today involved the cheerleaders.  If you know me, you know I WISH I had been one...and I've always loved the sport.  I still watch ESPN cheerleading when it's on.  I noticed (as did Caitlyn who bravely accompanied me on this sojourn) that the cheerleaders had hot pink pom poms.





 Interesting as the school colors are green and white.  But for the month of October, they're using hot pink to raise awareness for breast cancer...and they collected donations during halftime for the local hospital's woman's program.  I donated freely...without worrying about my budget.  My nice thing today was that I not only went back to high school...but I gave of myself, and my bank account freely...with the knowledge that God has, does, and will continue to provide.

1 comment:

  1. You have been and continue to be a true inspiration to me!!! I miss you and Caitlyn so very much but I am SO PROUD of both of you for your courage and your candor.

    ReplyDelete