Mood: overwhelmed, excited, tired, happy
I still have no internet at the apartment. Apparently that will be taking place on Thursday, which cannot come soon enough.
As it has been a long time since I've blogged you may or may not know that I have finally started a CAREER. Not a job...a career. A full time position with health benefits, AND a pension plan. But nerdy me likes the fact that I have my OWN office best of all. I am now the Director of Christian Education at Lakeside Presbyterian church in Storm Lake, Iowa. It took me 4 years after graduating from college, 2 years after leaving seminary...but I finally have a "real" job. And it was worth the wait (so far, I haven't even worked a full day yet....).
I am beyond excited at starting this amazing opportunity and can only praise God for placing me here. Truth is, patience is something I don't have a whole lot of...but I waited this out and I couldn't be happier.
So I'm decorating my office making things look "pretty" with Caitlyn and we're listening to The Fray...and all of a sudden I realize that I'm totally in over my head (the song with the same title helped put that idea in my head though). Seriously...I have no idea what I'm doing. Sure, my mom was a CE Director and a pastor. And yeah, I went to seminary. But the truth is...I have NO CLUE what I'm doing. It doesn't help that I'm still working at the manor during my 2 week transition period and I can't devote all my time to the church....but I'm lost. Honestly.
However, I have a sense that I'm going to be okay. And I have this completely safe feeling that while I may be overwhelmed, and have no idea what's going to happen...I'm going to be able to handle it. Not because I'm innately skilled in this area...not because I'm just the best damn Christian educator ever...but because I truly believe with all my heart in God's amazing and ever present grace. It is abundant...faithful...and constant.
And if the ONLY thing I accomplish in the field of Christian education is letting children/young adults know that they are special, and loved, and have value...I've done my work.
Amen! Amen! Amen!
ReplyDelete