Mood: anxious...
Some mornings, I tend to wake up a little anxious. A bit worked up. And most mornings, I'm able to lay in bed for a few minutes after my alarm goes off, deep breathing, planning for the day, and I'm fine after my shower. And then there are mornings such as today: where even after my shower the only thing that sounds possible is to get back into bed and pull the covers up high.
As this is not an option...nor would that do anything to ameliorate the anxiety...I decided to use another little trick I've found. After my shower I like to have my coffee and OJ. When I'm feeling anxious I'm not super keen on adding a bunch of caffeine to the mix, so I drink water and OJ instead. And then (since I FORCED myself to get up earlier than necessary) I watch TV that I KNOW without a doubt will calm me down. There are a few shows that work for me: How I Met Your Mother (newest addition), Scrubs, and The Golden Girls.
This morning I desperately needed a little dose of the girls to get me centered. I know it's odd...but it works. And with the wonderful sister that I have (who is giving up 9 hours of her life to help me do things at work) I am beyond confident that not only will I survive today...but I will make it a good day!
Most days the good things I do come at various times in the day...and I always blog at night. But this is a new era in my life and the blog. Good things come at every minute of our day if we let them. So this morning I took some time to remind myself that I am going to come out on top today. And Caitlyn will see to it that I keep this attitude. And this is NOT the only good thing I'll do today...but it's a great start.
No comments:
Post a Comment