Mood: determined
The title references the phenomenal Cyndi Lauper song, redone by the amazing cast of Glee. That was my song today, as it was "Spirit" day. If you aren't sure what I'm talking about I'm referring to the wearing of purple in memory, honor, and love for those teenage lives lost to hate, bigotry, intolerance, bullying, and stupidity.
I was so excited about this. Every single time over the last few days that I checked my Facebook another friend was attending the event. I wore my purple proudly, feeling wrapped in (let's face it...an awesome fall color) and the love that I knew was coming from all friends known, and unknown, that were wearing purple with me.
I colored the "purple" prayer today.
Someday I WILL figure out why my pics tend to go sideways...for now just turn your head 90 degrees and you'll read the prayer much easier. I also painted my nails a lavender which I am now slightly obsessed with.
And though it looks blue, the ring is of course purple. And then there was of course the purple shirt:
And while doing all these things I assumed my nice thing for myself today was to take comfort in the fact that I was doing something to better our tomorrows. That's the point of my blog, right? Little things (like wearing purple) to make big changes?
The thing is, there are certain things that must be fought for with louder actions and bigger "things." The safety and value of our children is one of those things to me. And of course, as someone that was bullied I have a personal attachment to the cause. But beyond that, I'm a Christian. And I value the life of every single human being. I (over MANY MANY years) have sincerely learned how to love everyone (neither Jew nor Greek....). So in the course of my day while doing all nice things I cam upon an article about ANOTHER teen suicide. Regarding his sexuality.
Love you and so very proud. P.S. I do not mind turning my head sideways... It gives me a good stretch!
ReplyDeleteP.P.S. Admiring the purple glitter in the prayer. Paint? Crayon? I MUST know...
ReplyDeleteit's the glitter glue crayons (mine are a generic brand but any will do...). and i'm glad you noticed. it was an extra special prayer...
ReplyDelete