Search This Blog

2010/10/12

Healthier

Mood:  a bit under the weather



My allergies are acting up...in a way they haven't in YEARS.  I generally have a few slight allergy annoyances each fall and some sinus problems but this year it is pure torture.  My eyes are burning and stinging and itchy.  My ears are in a constant state of pounding...my throat is perpetually sore.


So after much tea drinking and wallowing early this morning (continuing from last night) I decided that my nice thing for today...was to make an appointment to go see a doctor.


Yes, that is it.  I look at it this way...the last time I had a real physical....was the last time I was on an insurance plan.  That was back in 2008.  So...it's time.  And there are a few random issues I'm worried about (the knee injury is starting to flare WAY more often these days).  Since I don't know for sure when my first paycheck comes in from the church, this appointment isn't until the end of the month...but I'm proud of myself.



Usually if I spend a significant amount of money on myself it's for something I don't necessarily need...but this is a wise investment.  I'm attempting to get healthier in all aspects of my life...so I might as well strive for the actual physical health as well.  


.

No comments:

Post a Comment