Search This Blog

2010/08/25

Legally...Half Blonde

Mood:  blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah


Today was not a pretty day.  I woke up COMPLETELY awake before dawn all ready to go to the gym, and I could not get Caitlyn to wake up.  I wasn't trying TOO hard because to be honest, the last thing I felt like doing was going to the gym before 6:00.  I checked all my social networking sites (which is sadly the FIRST thing I do in the morning) and then took a little snooze until I absolutely HAD to get into the shower.


I'll skip the rest of my day.  It included disappointment, disrespect, dehumanization, and a lot of other "D" words.  So as I was on the phone with my mom (who is helping Cait and I move and I get to see in less than 2 weeks!!!!!!) she asked what nice thing I had done for myself today.  I really couldn't answer.  I did a few things that were nice...but nothing seemed to make me feel better.


I guess if I had to pick ONE thing that I did that made me feel better today it would be this:


This movie ALWAYS makes me happier inside.  And I tear up every single time I listen to her graduation speech.  While fun and frivolous, this movie reminds me that I AM capable of doing things that others may not expect of me and that I may not even expect of myself yet.  Life really is full of surprises and and maybe my nice thing for today is reminding myself that my future might not even be known to me yet.  I might be destined for things that I haven't even dreamed of.  And there's some scariness in there...but also some beauty.  Today...I gave myself the gift of hope...and surprise...and motivation.

1 comment: