Mood: Anxious for no particular reason. Slightly lonely. Intensely hopeful.
I've always been a doodler. I have notes from high school and college to prove it. Sometimes, these doodles were merely abstract shapes. Sometimes climbing vines of sorts. And of course, the obligatory crush's name. If I was taking notes during a lecture or while reading, I was doodling. It was relaxing, and contrary to popular belief it actually helped me engage MORE in what I was reading or hearing because it allowed me to block out other distractions.
Anyway, I decided that my "better" thing for today would be to read a book on prayer that my mom had sent to me. "Praying in Color" is phenomenal. I highly recommend the book (which I haven't finished yet...) to anyone. Faithful, faithless, artist, businessperson...this book is incredible. And imagine my surprise when I learned there were other people who channeled energy into doodling. Which lead them to greater understand. And then apply that doodling to prayer...and a better relationship and understanding of sacred. Et viola! My thing for today become not only a wonderful read, but a colorful "family" prayer.
The coloring was followed by a need to play more creatively today, and so I did Caitlyn's makeup as well as my own. And the results are below.
I think (hope) that Cait had a good day around me. And maybe some people at work got my good vibes too...don't know. Probably never will. Till next time I'll keep doodling my prayers and maybe one day when I look at my doodles I'll realize that they're an exact reflection of the world around me. Amen.


YeeHaw!!! Hope Cait will give it a try as well. Love you.
ReplyDelete