Search This Blog

2010/08/21

Goals

Today was ridiculously busy.  After waking up (again to Lady Gaga early in the morning) I got pretty much straight to business.  Caitlyn and I ran to the bank, ran and picked up a few smaller things for the new apartment, opened a checking account and new (and better) bank, packed, got rid of stuff....and then I napped.


And when I woke up in the afternoon...everything that I had done in the morning felt like days away and I was feeling lazy so I popped in a disc of "How I Met Your Mother" and watched a few episodes.  And as I have had a ridiculous sweet tooth (chocolate specific) for the last two days I treated myself (and Caitlyn) to some ice cream.  A small but delish happy thing for today.


What I really did for myself today...was search for Halloween costumes.  Which I do in random moments when I get bored online and need something to look at....and this lead to a pair of shoes I had long since forgotten.  


Theses are not just any shoes...these are THE shoes.  I MUST have these shoes.  And I forgot about them for nearly a year because...I can't afford to spend that money on a pair of shoes right now.  That's internet for a month.  But I look at the delight and slight obsession these shoes come with as such:  everybody has goals.  For instance, one day I'd like to take a girl's vacation with Caitlyn to Disney.  It may or may not happen but it gives me a reason to keep putting money in our piggy bank.  The shoes...smaller version of Disney goal.  One day I WILL own these shoes.  Until then...I'll look at them when I need a quick little pick me up.  Such as I did today.  And I think that we all need these little goals to remind us that our bigger dreams are completely attainable.  And one day I'll wear these shoes to a book signing....I hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment