Okay, so as mentioned in the last blog, Caitlyn and I were supposed to head to Des Moines today to see We the Kings in concert. And of course, the massive butter statues which can only (I assume anyway) be seen in Iowa. So...we didn't. But not for lack of money. Somehow God gave us a little extra (okay we traded a ton of quarters we were saving in a piggy bank...) but still we didn't go. When we woke up it was kinda dark (it was also before 7) and felt sticky. Like a storm coming in. After checking the weather and seeing severe weather (according to my iPhone app for The Weather Channel) predicted for all afternoon/evening/night...we decided to skip out on the concert (I'm still mourning this a bit) and instead head to Sioux City for a girl's day.
This was an awesome idea. Not only did we have a phenomenal day...but it was nearly 100% free. And we explored places in the city we've never gone to before. And can I just say that my new favorite store in the world is Hobby Lobby. I've always laughed at the name but seriously...I mean...AMAZING. For my friends on the east coast it's like an A.C. Moore meets Micheal's meets wedding supply store meets...I don't even know what else. And they have Christmas decorations up!
So I did two major things for myself today: I drank TONS of water (which annoyed Cait when I needed to find bathrooms in new stores/areas IMMEDIATELY and often) and allowed myself to completely lose track of time while perusing Christmas decorations...mirrors...crosses...flowers...tiaras...and every other odd/end you could think of. I wish I could live in that store. For a while anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment