Mood: tired, cold, confused
I've been watching a ton of Sex and the City recently. And I've spent a ton of time not on the internet, and not blogging. Tonight I did a ton of nice things for myself. Organized the apartment (though if you viewed it, it wouldn't look as though Cait and I spent hours doing so), cooked dinner, primed my nails for painting. It's been a productive few hours.
But mainly, I returned to blogging. I think I've been avoiding blogging not because I haven't been doing nice things for myself...but because I've been tired...cranky...cold...and actually out of my apartment recently. In the past two weeks, I've been out more than I have in my whole year of living in Iowa. And it's been exhausting. It's been fun, awkward, tiring, exciting, and confusing.
It's no secret I'm single. Also no secret that I don't like being single. At 26, I want to have my career, my apartment, and my boyfriend. I want it all. Hence the whole Sex and the City thing. All the episodes focus on relationships, and many focus on "having it all." And it seems that the characters get it all, f it up, then get everything back. In real life...it doesn't seem to work that way. At least not in my experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment