Search This Blog

2010/11/01

Love Stinks

Mood:  i lost the battle, but the war isn't over...


Okay first of all, happy freaking November.  I don't say that because I hate November, on the contrary I love from August to March.  Pretty much my favorite time of year.  But the freaking is for the fact that I literally cannot recall where October went, or September for that matter.  I've always heard that time passes more quickly the older you get, and this is proving true.


Secondly, the title of this blog is not necessarily romantic.  Though many of (most of...pretty much all of) my romantic relationships have left me with this feeling (even the ones I REALLY REALLY believed in) I'm still optimistic about love.  And relationships.  And that there is such a thing as a loving, stable relationship for me.  With whom I haven't a clue, but I know it's there.


Also this title makes me think of the Wedding Singer and how awesome that movie is.  And I have been looking for it to purchase everywhere and CAN'T FIND IT!!!!  I seriously LOVE that movie.  Classic.  80s.  Adam Sandler.  Boy George!  It's all just wonderful.  Anyway so I started thinking about that movie then, and then I started thinking about money (if you don't recall that's a big issue in the movie...the love versus money thing).  I have a love/hate relationship with money.  I think most of us do...but mine is extreme.  I'll put it out there:  I need help.  I admit I am not financially responsible at all.  I pay my rent, and the internet bill was paid early (!) but otherwise, I spend.  And I don't do it on purpose.  I don't buy extravagant items.  I buy things I need...gas, a winter coat, I haven't gotten my hair done since July so a haircut was well overdue.  


This all wouldn't be a problem if I had remembered to budget in the doctor's appointment I scheduled for this week and the prescriptions that will come as a result of that.  


And I decided that I will take action.  I'm going to do my best to take control of my finances instead of letting them control me.  I don't want to hate money...and I don't want to hate myself anymore because of it.  Besides, somehow now matter how destitute I am God keeps scraping me by...and I have faith this will continue to happen...but I think it's time I do my part as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment