Luigi says that in Super Mario Bros. when I've killed him enough times to warrant a continue. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd there are plenty of continues on the game Jeff and I are currently working on.
As I started to type this entry (this is the 3rd one for today)...I felt kind of lost. It's weird trying to keep people updated on the nice things you're doing for yourself when you lose track too. And it's all too easy to just stop doing nice things altogether. Given the current economy, it's all a lot of us can do to just keep "getting through the day" while attempting to squeeze every last bit of happiness out of our free time. What little we have anyway. And as my happiness squeezing occurs in the form of the fiance and the epic (step)son...thus 2.5 hours away from where I manage to somehow "get through the day"...I'm on the road a lot. And I feel like I'm not DOING a lot. But seriously....how are these faces not worth the time on the road?
I sooooo had to include Yoda (the dog) in that one. He's worth the trip as well.
Anyway. I've talked to Jeff about the driving. Well...more bitched about the driving. The thing is...there is no way around it right now. We both work and we both need to continue to work. And we live 2.5 hours away. So...there's either drive time or no drive time. And before Jeff looks like the bad guy refusing to come my way every once in a while...that is certainly not the case at all. It just doesn't make any sense to come out this way. When we have the boy...it's way too far of a drive and there's nothing in my apartment that is even remotely little boy friendly. And when we don't have the boy...well...Jeff's on call thus has to be able to have the ability to get to the office orrrrrrrrrr we're just not in town period. Thus...I drive.
And as I got to thinking randomly and typing a few other blogs that came to mind first...I kept thinking about this Oscar Wilde quote I found a little bit ago while doing random research for the wedding:
how can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being?
So here's where the whole nice thing comes into play. During the wedding planning process Jeff and I have done a lot of talking. We talk a ton anyway. And if you know me...or hell read the blog...you know I talk a lot as it is. The thing I love most about conversations with Jeff? We can have 10 going at the same time and 2 can be super serious about commitment and marriage while 2 are about facebook and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It's effortless with him. Sure there have been uncomfortable discussions...upsetting subject matter...fights even...but it's an ongoing dialogue. And it comes from this really genuine mutual respect and affection for what the other is saying/has to say/has said.
It seems that things happen even while you're unaware that they are. Jeff and I are creating this truly awesome foundation for marriage...and a lifetime of being each other's partner. So even if I feel like my car is the only thing I'm putting miles on...I do KNOW that Jeff and I are creating something pretty sweet. And he treats me like...not a princess. Not a queen even. Goddess? I don't know that words do it justice without creating a weird cliche and stereotype...but he certainly never acts as though I'm normal. Which I'm not...but that's a different blog altogether...
So the nice things continue to happen...even if it's unconsciously...because once you've decided you're going to change something...this ripple effect takes a serious hold on your life...and nice things are happening to and for you without you even knowing. And that's realllllllllllly nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment