Facebook tells me that one year ago today I updated my status with the following quote:
My mom tells me I see the glass as half empty. Personally, one day, I just hope to see the glass.
I find it slightly disheartening that exactly a year later...I understand that statement again. I could definitely go into the millions of ways my life has changed (25 days until the wedding!!!) but I don't need to. And sometimes changes, even those for the better, will have negative consequences.
So today I find myself exactly where I was a year ago...facing the transition out of one job...only this time around I don't have one to move in to. Scary. And I'm once again getting ready for a move. Overwhelming.
And while these good things have indeed brought an immeasurable amount of happiness and love into my life...like I said...there's always another side to the story. "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." God, I love science.
What I find myself struggling with today is how, exactly, to go about righting the wrongs...when I can't do it on my own. I believe we exist in relation to other things, other people, other ideas....we are and we interact with the constant idea of "other." And I love that. It keeps life interesting. Complex. Rich. Entertaining. But it can also create a myriad of problems. What do you do when the "other" doesn't want to exist in relation to you anymore? I pose the question because I have no way of answering it...and am beyond stressed and anxious and miserable looking for an acceptable answer.
I suppose it's times like this when we sit. And we wait. And in the midst of all the crappy feelings...we look for that damn glass so we can fill it...or empty it...but at least have a sense of who and where we are. Sometimes...patience is the greatest and nicest thing we can hope to practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment