Search This Blog

2010/09/03

Sick Day

Mood:  cranky, sick, consumed with stress, whiny


I haven't blogged for two days.  Wednesday I was overwhelmed and feeling ill so I honestly don't remember if I did anything nice for myself other than nap.


And yesterday, when I was actually feeling much better, I bought myself a bit of chocolate.  Which I threw up less than an hour later.  So, my nice thing literally came back at me, or rather, out me.  Which then put me in a mood to NOT be grateful but rather, pout until I fell asleep.  I did turn my mood around by getting a massage from my sister (and of course, giving her one as well) and watching "Accepted" (HILARIOUS if you've never given it a second thought).



Anyway so I woke up this morning early, feeling...well horrendous.  My stomach had kept me up all night and I was wide awake with a queasy stomach and a whole 3 more days of work in front of me before "vacation" which translates into completion of packing, moving all my possessions, unpacking and arranging furniture...and in there squeeze a trip to see family I haven't seen for a year and a girl's night in Omaha (the only "vacation" part of the vacation...).  Thus...I felt sicker with each minute that passed.  I sat up in bed, then laid back down, then got up to shower...then I had a brilliant idea:  take a sick day since my mental status has finally crept into my physical condition.



Thus my nice thing for today:  allowing myself to miss a day of work when I genuinely feel like crap and NEED a day of rest (as the good Lord knows I won't be getting any soon).  So while I can't take the ENTIRE day and lay in bed sipping ginger ale (which is all I feel like I can do) I do pledge to take some time to do that.  And I pledge to pack up more belongings (as much as I don't want to and can't even think about getting out of bed at the minute...I get soooooooooooooo annoying when I'm sick.......one might even say whiny....). 


But mostly I plan to actually take a sick day and lay in bed with these 2.  Life is good.  Crazy, overwhelming, hectic...so much so that I made myself physically sick...but good.



No comments:

Post a Comment