Mood: Accomplished. Exhausted.
I've been up since 5am. Please forgive the rambling should it occur. Yesterday was amazing. Well, it turned out to be amazing. And today...about the same.
Again, I got up at 5. Screwed around until right before 7 and then got up, walked Maddie, and started packing. Loading cars, then a nice shower...and since I had to go to work today I decided to do my own version of "suiting up." I actually put on eyeshadow and "real" make-up and nicer clothes. The first nice thing I did for myself today.
Just because I work with old people doesn't mean that I can't look pretty. So I did my make-up...cause again...just because I was going to spend the rest of the day packing and loading and unloading doesn't mean I can't look pretty.
And we DID end up getting the keys to the apartment today. After much hounding on my part, we learned we could have started this morning and so immediately after I changed out of my work clothes we headed over. We took 2 full car loads, Maddie, and our enthusiasm and drove 20 miles outside of town to the new apartment. Once there we unloaded faster than I've ever seen done before and even started to assemble some things (precisely only those things that required a screwdriver as those were the only tools we had on hand).
One thing Caitlyn and I were adamant about having in the apartment was a futon. There's only one bedroom and I feel confident we'll need extra sleeping space. After literally a month of searching and researching and price checking there was ONE that we (and Dad who was paying) could agree upon. We picked it up from the store yesterday and unpacked it today. Caitlyn had discovered it in "dorm" furniture because it says it's perfect for small spaces...which is exactly what we're working with. The box was gigantic when we picked it up, which scared us a bit, however...when the box was unloaded we had a Maddie sized futon already assembled (hence large box). Okay, Cait did screw in the feet that put it about 6" off the ground.
Even Caitlyn can't lay on it without her feet hanging off...and she's a good inch or two shorter than me. Maddie seems to think it belongs only to her as it is her size...but at the end of the day...Caitlyn and I sat on it together and decided it WAS the perfect futon. Pink. Ours. Maddie can jump onto without a problem. And I finally have a place to display the hand beaded pillow covers I bought in India almost 3 years ago.
I know it's beginning to get cliche....but this blog really is about the small(er) things...


No comments:
Post a Comment