Mood: anxious
Monday is over! It wasn't a bad Monday to be perfectly honest, but I got super anxious tonight. Like, my chest is tight and keeping an even and steady breath actually takes work at the moment. I have no clue where this anxiety came from. Or what could have triggered it. Work was fine. I felt semi-productive today, and Jeff and I went out for Chinese (my go to comfort food!). So this random super anxiety is both unwelcome and unwarranted.
I'm sitting here attempting to calm down, and it's working a bit. Something that is helping me:
That, dear readers, is the little princess that is Zooey Lilland. All 2.5 pounds of her. She got weighed on the cat scale...that's how little she is. Though, comparing her to this:
...she is HUGE! Okay. Perhaps huge isn't the right word, but oh my goodness is she getting big fast! It's so amazing to watch her grow...and I will continue to say she looks huge to me. I can't wait to see who she turns out to be as a dog. I'm hoping she learns the word "no," and that she starts sleeping through the night...but pretty much everything else can stay! And she can continue to get (a little bit) bigger since my awesome sister (and her Pomeranian princess, Maddie) sent some super cute things for Zooey to grow into!
This little fluff ball is a wonderful reminder of the (almost) year that Jeff and I have spent married. In some ways our marriage is an odd parallel to Zooey's growth as a puppy, we had to learn boundaries, saying and hearing "no" included. Granted I didn't ever have to tell Jeff not to chew my shoes, but you get the idea.
Happy Monday everyone! And may you find something that centers you in times of great stress or anxiety as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment