Mood: accomplished
I'm hot. Sooooooooooooooooo hot. Then again, I'm certain the vast majority of the country feels me on that one. If you know me then you know that heat + Ashley just don't mix. At all. Ever. At least for ANY extended periods of time. By which I mean, oh say, 10 minutes. I managed to sit for over 1 hour in the heat on the 4th for the parade since it was just so fun watching Malcolm...but kids do make us do crazy things that we once deemed impossible.
Anyway. I left the house today once. For right under an hour. And about 5 minutes of that time was spent outside. If that. From house to car, car to store, store to car, car to house. That was it.
Even though I only left the house for a minimal amount of time, I feel pretty good. The day has certainly had it's ups and downs. There was a panic attack in the car (yikes!) but there was also the Malcolm and Jeff surprise I got this morning:
I took a nap. And made a pretty sweet dinner (thanks Daddy for your marinade recipe!). But the thing of which I am most proud is my 101 in 1001 list. It's not quite finished (18 to go!) but it's a good start. I'm really excited about this list of goals. I feel energized and refreshed. Some of the list is scary to think about doing...my #15 is particularly terrifying...and some of it is just plain fun. I'll post it here when it's finished. That gives me a certain level of accountability...which I do need.
I can't wait to get a start on this list (though by blogging again, I already have!) especially since I can do some of it now...and still avoid the heat!
No comments:
Post a Comment