Mood: bi-winning
Okay...I know...everybody's had enough of Charlie Sheen. And as much as I want to stop...I can't. I keep laughing...and the thing is...at this point...it's really kind of not funny. The man is clearly not okay. It's such a weird culture that we live in. Where ego can literally launch careers (Kim Kardashian) but at the same time, can alienate. I mean...where is the line that he crossed? Granted the hookers and cocaine aren't helping him any...but I know somebody in my personal life whose nights could rival Charlie's. Well...knew. Anyway. Point is...the man has gotten everything he's ever wanted in his life...so we justify delighting in his demise? I'm not pointing fingers...I'm laughing right along with everyone else. His quotes are too far out there to be anything but laughable. Cause if we don't laugh...then we have to face the pain and suffering that is actually underneath all of his "winning."
Which is actually my nice thing for today. March is pretty much my favorite month of the year (which makes for a depressing 9 more months.....). I love St. Patty's...as I'm Irish...and of course there's my birthday. The thing that I remember most about March? The feeling of hope and promise. Spring is right around the corner...and the cold is bearable. And I remember March feeling like the most family oriented month. I don't know why...it could be my ego assuming that family was always around for my bday....who knows.
What I do know is that this March...I'm actually going to take a page out of Charlie's book. I don't plan on banging prostitutes, or smashing hotel rooms during coke binges. But I will be more confident. It can't hurt to have a little more confidence in myself. Part of building the confidence? Superficial things that make me feel special...and subsequently a bit more confident.
Ever since my family sent me some "thinking of you" flowers right after my solo return to Iowa...I've kept a fresh bunch on my desk in their vase. The flowers usually cost no more than $10...and I arrange them myself....so it's an inexpensive way to make me smile a bit. The daises seemed so pure and fresh...I had to get them. I'm loving white for this spring.
One of the nice things I've been doing is indulging in spring fashion mags. They're always soooooooooooo much fun. Predictable? A bit. It doesn't really come as a surprise that floral is in for spring...but there are a few awesome throwbacks....wedges anyone? With that in mind I've been dressing for my mood the last couple of days. Today I happened to be feeling....hopeful (it is March...) and a bit...sparkly. So I threw on a sequined tank under the obligatory cardigan (at least I know how to rock them!) and these shoes...perhaps my fave flats right now:
I know the next few months aren't going to be as fun as they were last year (Honor Society April with Cait....tulip fest in May....) but at least they feel manageable. And...even a little bit exciting. Sure...it can suck being alone. But...in my own way...I actually am winning. And I am proud of it.
And there's nothing nicer than believing in yourself....and knowing where that crosses into crazy.
Seriously....somebody help that dude.
Winning.
I'm done.


No comments:
Post a Comment