Search This Blog

2011/02/28

I'm Extra Ordinary.....

Mood:  I've got a little bit of hope...like a soap on a rope....


I love Better Than Ezra...

When I wake up...or before I fall asleep...it will be March.  I can't believe that the first 2 months of 2011 are gone already.  It feels as though it's been a full year...and just a week at the same time.

As we welcome Spring and Lent and of course...my birthday...I've been doing some thinking.  I started a journal again.  While writing on here is cathartic for me...it's nothing compared to putting a pen to paper.  To the feeling of physically getting words out of me.  To watch my hand hold a pen and form words from my thoughts.  The beauty of flowing and scrawling across an empty page.

The thoughts are random...at best...and much like what I end up writing in here.

As spring approaches...and my paranoia induced by insomnia is conquered for the minute...I'm feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time about my life.  Not that I haven't been happy or content...but I've definitely had ups and downs in the first 2 months of this year.  Today, though, I feel truly hopeful as to what the rest of the year may bring.

While there are always things that will need improvement...I'm actually working towards those things now.  I have rejoined a gym.  Started actively seeking a doctor I trust and like.  Decided it's time to start therapy again (I soooooo hate this...but I know it'll be helpful in the long run).  Putting in tons of hours at work... and finding joy in it.  Attempting a social life.  Reading.  Eating better and drinking more water (I am sooooooooooooo bad about this sometimes).  Cleaning up just a little every day.  Organizing.  Saving money when I can.

Just small, tiny things that seem insignificant...but will have a extraordinary impact on the rest of my year.  And if I do it right...the rest of my life.

So I'm ready for spring...and March...and at least for tonight...I'm ready for the rest of the year.


And also...I'm ready for bed.  Got to get a full 7 hours or I'll be cranky.  

Sleep well...and be nice.  And extraordinary...



 

2 comments:

  1. Hope you got those 7 hours of sleep last night! As always great blog. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sweetie! Water is good. You can't be happy unless you are hydrated! Moo's Rules to a Good Life

    ReplyDelete