Mood: Heaven can wait
Thursdays are generally my Fridays. Today is. My Friday, that is. I mean, it's Thursday which is my personal Friday. My last day in the office for the "work week." And thank God for that. In case you can't tell from the nonsense that is the previous 3-4 sentences, I am pretty much delirious. I haven't slept in almost a full week other than the occasional hours here and there...and I've been working my freaking ass off. Not literally...although my jeans are getting loose again. I think that's just from fatigue and lack of eating though. I'm pretty sure it's not significant weight loss.
Anyway. So this "weekend" I plan on a few things. Namely catching up on sleep and I have a fantastic idea as to how I'm going to go about that. As for the rest of my "weekend?" Up in the air. I do know this much, I'm pretty stoked about it.
Yeah I went there. Stoked. The word's stuck in my head and I'm so tired I can't function enough to find a synonym. I'm actually proud that I recalled that word correctly. My high school English teachers would be so proud.
So...if you know me...or read this blog ever...you know I'm pretty hardcore about my music. And uh...by that I think what I mean is that I'm always listening to it and I listen intensely. I actually hear words when somebody sings them. In fact...if life were a musical I'd be much more apt to NOT forget what people say. I spend so much more effort trying to catch words in a song than I do when people are actually talking to me. Or most of the time anyway. Sometimes I care enough to listen...other times I'm either listening to a song in my head or meowing up there (old joke...but so good).
Today is no different than any other day. I started the day off with a little Doors. I needed something that I hadn't heard in a while. Jimmy sang me through my shower and leaving the house process then since I left the iPod at the office last night it was Owl City driving to work. Can I just say how much I love the song "Dental Care" because it's so cute. And it makes me think of my last job back home and while I don't miss the work I sincerely miss the people.
Anyway so I got into the office...went to a meeting...and got back to the office. I'm now just counting hours and putting in face time until I can leave for the day and pass out. So to keep me awake without adding a ridiculous amount of caffeine to my system I've been inhaling music videos all day. It started with Cobra Starship...moved to Cash Cash...and ended with this one...by We The Kings. I've never seen it before today and I mean...it's cute...but it's definitely more the song that is the focus of my attention. It was the first WTK song that I knew by heart...a quick favorite turned into an old friend.
Plus it speaks to my weekend. Not the dog show...I don't plan on attending one...nor do I PLAN on seeing goats this weekend...but I do intend to remember to FEEL alive. And live in the moment.
So often I let myself get carried away in the "doing" of life that I miss out on the actual living part. I'm pretty sure we all get caught up in the things we have to do...instead of those we want to do. The things that really make us feel alive. The things that make us wanna scream "Heaven can wait." It's nice to be at a place in my life where I can afford to put off some responsibility and some of the tedious "doings" and experience some living. I'm actually pretty proud that I got here all by myself. Taking chances, and LIVING life.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend...whenever that may be for you. And remember...even if it's something as simple as going pantsless for a night (I'm looking at you Mom) live a little.
OH and enjoy We The Kings. Travis is so adorbs. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment