Search This Blog

2011/02/15

I Love Love...I Love Being in Love....

Mood: loved


Yesterday was the Day O' Love...Valentine's Day...Singles Awareness Day...Vday....whatever you'd like to call it.  This fun little holiday sneaks up on me every year.  And I want so desperately to hate it for the materialistic and commercial nature of this day...but the hopeless romantic (uh and girl) in me can't help but get sucked into some of it.


Especially when you start your day with these two amazing cards:






The first card is one of my fav quotes...and came from my sister.  The inside is far nicer than the outside, but I'm not posting that.  It's private.  Next...Mommy and Daddy's card.  Both are now proudly displayed on my desk. 

After reading the cards, feeling homesick, and going through about 900 pens (please tell Air Products to start making BLUE ink pens for promotional purposes....thanks!) I decided that since so many people had done something nice for me already I really didn't need to do nice things.  Then I realized that one cannot take a break from niceness.  

Of course the first nice thing I did for myself was to continue opening presents from Caitlyn.  Awesome new Bare Minerals lipgloss...brand new Kabuki brush (it feels like Heaven on my face)...and then:

 As far as what was in the Juicy box...I was so excited I didn't take a pic...rather put it on right away so you'll see it in a bit.  And from the parentals:

Rice Krispy treat heart.  Adorable and delish....though NOBODY tops Caitlyn's rice krispies.  It just can't be done.  Please notice to the right of the rice krispy some excellent smiley faced topped pens...courtesy of my adorable father.  Continue the gift opening:

 Yes...I have a shelf in my office on which stuffed animals sit.  Caitlyn sent me Bolt (it's a thing...) and he promptly made his way to my shelf to sit with his new friends...including Philly Guy (or the Phanatic to those that use proper names and such).  I'm not going to say that I talk to stuffed animals or anything...but they're all thrilled that Bolt's there.  

After all the gift opening and everything...I decided to be nice to those around me.  My family have cards written and sealed but I haven't yet found the correct presents so the box has been neither packed nor sent.  Soooo I grabbed some cards and gave one to the secretary at the church and the secretary at the Presbytery office.  After all, a woman can never have too many people tell her that she's special...especially on Valentine's Day.

It's so like me that to fully come to the heart (HA) of the holiday...I did materialistic things first.  But I got there.  And I'm still remembering today that love is not a one day a year idea...but a tangible and ever present part of our lives...whether we accept it or not.  

While I was thinking on this I decided I'd make all my readers (whoever you may be) my Valentine. 

I stupidly took that before putting on Cait's new lipgloss...but notice the sparkly key above my heart?  I've wanted a key necklace for over 2 years and Cait knows I won't splurge on myself...so she did.  Which makes me love her just that much more.

Look around you.  Your life...regardless of how mundane or lonely it seems...is full of people that love you.  And if not...start giving kick ass presents and people will definitely love you.  I feel like at least 1,000 babies were conceived on that notion yesterday.  I'm kidding.  In all seriousness...to get love...give love.  And accept it.  Most importantly, though?  Love yourself.  You're pretty awesome.

And I leave you with something that I happen to find beyond awesome (even though she's embarrassed by it cause it was her first video...and yes they've gotten way better...but this one is still my favorite ever!).  Happy the day after Valentine's Day.  I still love you today.  And I will tomorrow.  Just like I'll keep doing nice things to remind myself I love me.  Every day.  

And I promise this video is worth watching....if nothing else than for the embarrassing photos of me (the "spooge" shot....even Daddy's seen it...the blonde wig...the 3D glasses....)...and of course the masterful STAR SWIPE!

PS - Cait...i <3 you!

1 comment: