Mood: cold, accomplished
Today...it's "Iowa" weather. Ridiculously windy, freezing, icy and of course the fun snow. Thus, I decided not to leave the apartment. Caitlyn and I spent all day yesterday in Sioux City doing some Christmas shopping. Pretty much everything is covered and I got some amazing deals. I've recently started wearing cardigans...almost daily. And I've had my eye on some at Old Navy for over a month now, and yesterday they were buy one, get one. Loved it. On top of some super sales at Kohls...which equaled more cardigans...and FINALLY a pair of leather over the knee boots (for under 50!!!!). It was a highly productive, and actually pretty cheap day.
But besides acquiring some new clothing, nothing much happened yesterday. So today, it was business time. And seeing as the weather was supposed to be awful (which it was) Cait and I decided to get down to business. As we prepare for her to leave, part of that is going through the apartment and getting the stuff she'll be able to stuff into a suitcase together. Also general cleaning so that when I come home from the holidays to an empty apartment...it's also clean as opposed to looking like a tornado hit it.
So we cleaned, I cooked an awesome dinner...and we ate oatmeal cookies for dessert. One would think with all of that niceness that I was in good spirits...but there's far too much work to still be done for that to have happened. Thus I sat in the kitchen...dejected...and slumped in a bar chair....that hasn't been fit for sitting in nearly a month. As we got ready to eat, Caitlyn asked me what movie I wanted to watch. I...being just a tad bit dramatic as I can be....muttered something to the effect of it didn't matter because nothing did anymore.
See, while I can't wait to see friends and family that I literally have not seen in years...the prospect of going home is terrifying. I go home with Caitlyn...and then...I come back alone. I'm horrified at leaving by myself. And knowing that she's not coming back a few weeks later. So I've thought of skipping Christmas at home all together, but I mean, it's been two years since I've seen my brother...uncool.

No comments:
Post a Comment