Mood: we're all born superstars
So it's been 2 weeks since I blogged. Unacceptable. Especially given the fact that my other writing has ceased also. I try to journal every single day...even if it's just a few words. I like to do creative writing....which is often an extension of the journaling....a few times a week. And the goal was to blog nice things daily. Then it turned it to a few times a week...and now...uh
And I could give you the "I'm soooooooooo busy" spiel cause it's not a lie. I've spent 2 nights at my apartment in the last week and a half...but that's still not an excuse for not taking time to write. As tired as I am....I've been up since 6 and worked with Sr. High kids tonight....I felt that I had to write tonight. My nice thing for myself is to write for a dear friend....not me.
The thing is...sometimes we get so busy and so wrapped up in everything that is going on around us that we forget to tend to what is going on in us. And that sucks. Cause when you finally do.....that's A LOT to deal with. Even if it's all happy stuff.
I went home last week and as I'm now engaged, wedding planning took up the majority of my time. Don't get me wrong...I loved every single second of it...but I had this 2 year old meltdown in the wedding aisle at Micheal's. Why? Even I'm not entirely sure. I had my whole family surrounding and supporting me...but everybody has different ideas. And Jeff was in Iowa...and...I was tired...and hungry...and happy...and a freaking tsunami of emotion hit me and I fell into my mom's shoulder. I couldn't help it. I'm a 27 year old soon to be married woman and I stood in the middle of a craft store sobbing into my mother's embrace.
But I felt great after a little cry. I couldn't contain everything that was inside me. And I try. I was born that way. Sometimes though...even if it's a piece of paper and a pen....or a best friend...something else has to feel the enormity of your emotion. Humans aren't meant to be alone. And I LOVE my alone time. But we can't get out of life alive...well....no matter what we do....but with some enjoyment if we don't let other people carry some of our stuff.
No matter how you were born...you weren't born to handle everything that comes your way by yourself. Hell even Jesus had 12 dudes (and women...but don't get me started on that) helping him out. And God? Pfffff...the Bible is full of his little helper monkeys.
I started this incoherent rambling because I thought I was writing for a friend...but I realized that my nice thing was to recognize....in what I thought to be her burden....that I have a flaw myself. And writing to all my random readers about it makes the load a little lighter to carry. Writing tonight put me back on track...helped center me...and reminded me what's important to me.
So take some time for yourself. Know what you are, who you are, and where you are. And if blogging or coloring of a shower or a nap doesn't help...I mean...you can always just numb your senses...I've provided the following video for brain numbing....enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment