Mood: ...we belong together...
It's now Easter Tuesday. Is that even an official way of describing it? I'm not sure. But here we are. Major news friends...and I don't care if I don't have a clue who you are nor you I...if you're reading this you are certainly a friend. At least for the next few paragraphs.
As I wrote previously working in a church during Holy Week....ugh. So, I took Good Friday off....as I take every Friday off...and in addition, I wanted to spend the evening/Saturday with the boyfriend and his awesome son. And in a completely unblasphemous way...it was a great Friday. Jeff proposed. Jeff = the boyfriend....or husband to be rather. Yes...we went from dating...to couple...to in love couple...to engaged in under 2 months. We couldn't be happier.
The picture does not do the ring justice...but I mean...he liked it so he put a ring on it...and you all had to see it.
As I went about my Easter morning (the Sunrise service, the breakfast, the egg hunt/Sunday School lesson, worship...) I couldn't help but think about how far I've come in the past year. I went about my Easter morning in a state or wonder, yes...but with a reflective wonder. I prayed...I rejoiced...I thought...and I spoke. As the day wound down, Jeff and I continued a tradition I had started last year...watching Shaun of the Dead on Easter. This year, though, we started it as OUR tradition...with champagne to celebrate the engagement of course.
Yesterday, as I was trying to take all that has happened in the past 2 months in...I reread the blog I wrote Easter Monday last year (because nothing helps you try to understand two months like adding another 10 months worth of crap to the mix...). I spent Easter completely alone (with the exception of Maddie's company...and her puppy love is exceptional) last year...but this year...I was with a new family, a future husband and a future stepson and I am honestly in awe. I feel so incredibly privileged to be living this life. My nice thing for today? Allowing myself to KNOW that I do deserve all the happiness that has come to me...and the lifetime of awesomeness that awaits Jeff and I.
The title of this blog is the title of my new fav We the Kings song. And it's kind of perfect for the day. I still am not sure, even though I'm staring at the ring, that the hugeness of this situation has hit me yet. Or maybe it has and I'm just so ready to start this new life that it wasn't what I thought it would be. It seems to me though, that very rarely are things what I was anticipating. Last year I blogged about how I was going to leave Iowa with a smile on my face in a short period of time. And at the same holiday this year? I'm keeping Friday in my heart every single day for the rest of my life...and you know...Iowa isn't THAT bad.
I hope you and yours had a happy Easter or passover celebration!
Yay! So happy for the both of you! Love you!
ReplyDelete