Search This Blog

2014/03/17

To My Husband

Mood: in love, grateful


Jeff,

Three years ago today I got ready for what was to be my very last first date. I spent nearly three hours getting ready:  picking out the perfect outfit, finding something green to wear for St. Patrick's Day and reading through all of the text messages we had sent each other.

I drove, a mix of nerves and excitement rushing through me.

And when I got to you, I became even more nervous (which I thought impossible) and more excited. As I watched you walk toward me holding a beautiful bouquet of pink roses, I thought, some day I'm going to walk towards him holding a bouquet of pink roses.

And six months after that night, I did just that.


Three years ago, I had no idea what the future had in store for us, and I never would have imagined that we would have faced half of what we have together. But I hope you know that everything we have gone through as left me feeling more in love, more confident in our relationship and more like I am home.

I know there are days where we challenge, infuriate and annoy each other, and I know those days will never end.

I also know that despite all of the illness and the hard times, there is nowhere I would rather be and no one I would rather be with. You are an amazing husband and father. You make me laugh each and every day, and what is a life without laughter?

Three years ago today, I sat in a car talking about nothing, everything and zombies for nearly three hours with you. Though our lives have been touched by loss and cancer, there are so many things that have not changed since that night, after all, we spent a good deal of last night rehashing the new Walking Dead episode. And you know what? I could not be happier.

I look forward to every day we spend together. I love to read in bed with you at night, or talk about the most random things we can think up. I strive to be a better wife and mother every day. I know there are happier, healthier days ahead for us and I cannot wait to see where we are together in another three years. I love you.

Your Wife,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment