Search This Blog

2011/09/07

Super Sparkle

Mood:   sparkly, happy, excited


The wedding is now 10 days away. I just got off the phone with the maid of honor/sister and just when I think I can't get more excited about this wedding....I get more excited.  I spent the morning working on more crafty little personal touches for the reception decor.  One of the things that I absolutely hated about planning this wedding was searching for a guest book.  Jeff and I couldn't find one we liked that we wanted to spend $50 or more dollars on.  Even the cheapest ones are near $20 and they just have lines for people to sign names.  Since our wedding is not huge,and is small and intimate, we wanted to keep this very "us" and very personal.  So we decided to make one.  Using a $10 artist sketchbook and $5 in lettered stickers and some stones I had laying around already....I've crafted this:







Though the iphone picutres aren't the best...I'm in love with how sparkly it is.  I've done some candles that have the same feel...and now will be running out for another $4 box of rhinestones. 


I have to say....while it feels totally weird to be unemployed, and it's more than a little scary...I'm loving the time that I have to actually be able to put these personal touches on our wedding.  I was really afraid that I'd have all these awesome ideas and no time to pull them off.  In terms of crafting I tend to start a million epic projects and finish maybe 2.  For the wedding thus far...it's been so much fun doing all of this that none of it has felt like work.  It's been....playing.  For the vast majority Jeff has been sitting next to me or doing other things for the wedding while I'm crafting.  This morning?  Bridezillas was my companion....while Jeff worked and we texted.


What all this rambling leads to is the better thing I did for myself today:  I realized that I am not only capable of finishing things...but that it feels great to see something through to the end.  Granted, I'm not done with wedding preparations at all...but I may actually be a little sad when I am since it's been such an awesome experience.


The best thing about the wedding being in 10 days....even though I'll be finished planning a wedding....I'll be just beginning my life as Mrs. Lilland.


10 days and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment