Search This Blog

2013/07/22

YouTube: A Love Story

Mood:  humble


So as I briefly mentioned I have a slight obsession with YouTube at the moment. I feel like I've been missing out on this community and now I'm determined to immerse myself as fully as possible. In doing so I've learned several things about myself recently:

1. I could have been a beauty blogger/YouTube guru. I honestly thought I was the only person who hoarded beauty products the way that I do...I mean I feel like most normal people only have two, maybe three mascaras. I currently have thirteen in the house. Thirteen mascaras. And I can detail how every single one performs and why you might want to choose one mascara over the other. Plus I want more...every time I see a new one I get all kinds of excited the way Malcolm does when he sees a new Spiderman. Let's not even get started on how many lip products or eyeliners I have. Apparently I could have vlogged my opinon on products and made money....ugh. Jeff says to go for it, as I mentioned last post he keeps tellling me that all the vloggers started somwhere. He's right, however, I feel like I arrived to the party super late so I'm going to remain a spectator at this point.

2. Goats screaming are hilarious and I sound exactly like a screaming goat when I attempt to sing. Yet when I sing it is nowhere near as hilarious as a screaming goat. Maybe I sound more like a severely injured cat. One of the two. It takes a lot of patience and love for someone to listen to me belt out Something Corporate's "Konstantine" and still be smiling and not plugging your ears at the end, and for this reason I will never, ever stop loving Jeff. Seriously. The man has the patience, and apparently ears, of a saint.

3. People gain fame and money by coming up with crafty puns, and I am immensely jealous of this. Hannah Hart and her My Drunk Kitchen show is an excellent example of this, and seriously, her puns are fantastic. Plus the idea of getting drunk and cooking....genius. I could have made so much money in college by attempting the cooking and baking we did after heading to the local bar, Jack's, though we usually ended up calling Two Cousins pizza for fried cauliflower and pizza cause...well....inevitably somebody would forget to turn the oven on while attempting to bake a funfetti cake.

4. There is something for everyone. And seriously, I mean everyone. There are channels full of sarcasm and wit, beauty advice, DIY tutorials for awesome jewelry....annnnnnnnnnnd people popping zits and cysts (which I oddly can't stop watching along with videos of botflys erupting out of the human body. Amazing....) Anyway, pretty much anything you could possibly imagine is on YouTube. You can watch serious singing talent and then watch some jerk clean his ear out. I mean. How is this NOT a part of the American Dream? I might never upload a single video to YouTube cause I'm actually super camera shy...but a girl can dream. Or just watch cute kittens for an hour. It's pretty much the same thing. 

5. Perhaps the most important thing I have recently learned from YouTube is how to curl my hair! Serioiusly. I'm 29 and I JUST figured out this summer how to curl my hair and have it look the way I mean for it to look. I'd get lucky every so often with my flat iron and happen into an awesome curled style...but it was always when I was just screwing around and never actually leaving the house. Now, I can curl my hair before going out and be proud of my curls. I can't even describe the level of excitement that I have right now. Also, if you're thinking about buying a curling wand...DO IT. Best $15 I ever spent. Legit.

Maybe curling my hair is slightly less important than learning to be myself and put myself out there. But. I mean, should I someday become an internet star or have a picture for the back of a book cover, at least my hair will look slamming. 





No comments:

Post a Comment